Transport K left Brno for the Theresienstadt Ghetto on December 5, 1941. It consisted of 1,000 Jews, mostly residents of Brno. The deportees were first brought to a collection point at a school building on Merhautova St. 37 in Brno. Prior to the train’s departure, several staff members of the Prague Jewish community Transports Department arrived in Brno to carry out administrative measures according to the orders they received from the Central Office for Jewish Immigration. They prepared a
list of deportees, registered Jewish property, issued notices regarding the date of deportation and assisted in packing and carrying luggage. From the assembly site, the deportees were transferred to the train station and put on a train. Upon its arrival in Bohusovice, the Jews had to disembark and were forced to march the remaining 3 km to Theresienstadt. According to historian Anita Frankova, 450 deportees had already been sent to Riga on Transport P, a month later.