Despite the German withdrawal on the Eastern front and the heavy aerial bombardment of German cities, the deportation of Jews from German cities did not stop. On December 18, 1943, a circular signed by Gestapo chief Heinrich Müller was sent out to all local Sipo (Security Police) headquarters. It permitted the deportation of Jews, whose marriage to non-Jews had terminated due to divorce or death of the non-Jewish spouse. The transport left Dresden for Theresienstadt on 8 December 1944. It co
nsisted of one Jew. The transport was likely conducted by regular train under guard. The general guidelines prepared by the RSHA recommended that the local Gestapo notify those Jews selected for deportation in writing. The deportees were permitted to bring a sum of 50 Reichmarks, a suitcase, a full set of clothes, suitable shoes, bedding, tableware and food supplies for eight days. Additionally, those selected for deportation had to produce an inventory of all their properties. The deportees were normally detained in assembly sites for two days prior to deportation. The Gauleiter of Saxony, Martin Mutschmann, was a key figure in the execution of this transport. Henry Schmidt, the head of the Dresden Department for Jewish Affairs in the RSHA, was responsible for organizing and carrying it out. Schmidt was also present in the assembly camps and even accompanied two or three transports to Theresienstadt. The transport arrived at Theresienstadt on 8 December 1944. The transport was given the reference V/10 Ez 6, where the Roman numeral V refers to Dresden. Ez were the German initials given to special transports of individuals (Einzelreisende Sondertransport).