Following the Munich Conference and the absorption of the Sudetenland into the Reich in October 1938, Nazi anti-Jewish laws were implemented throughout the region. The Jewish population was persecuted and dispossessed of its property (Aryanized). These measures led many Jews to flee, mostly to neighboring Czechoslovakia.
In November 1942, the RSHA initiated transports of the remaining Jews in the Sudetenland region. Gestapo headquarters in Reichenberg (Liberec), headed by Rudolf Schröder, oversaw the deportations in cooperation with the Gestapo Troppau (Opava).
The transport left Opava (Troppau) to the Theresienstadt Ghetto on 14. October 1943. It consisted of 2 Jews. Very little is known about this transport.
Like elsewhere within the Reich, prior to their deportation, the deportees were searched and all valuable items in their possession were confiscated. It is assumed that the deportees were driven in buses or trucks. In the Theresienstadt Ghetto listings the transport was recorded as XXI/1 EZ, where the Roman numeral XXI refers to the area of Opava. This transport was listed as Ez, which were the German initials for special transport of individuals (Einzelreisende Sondertransport).