Following the Munich Conference and the absorption of the Sudetenland into the Reich in October 1938, Nazi anti-Jewish laws were implemented throughout the region. The Jewish population was persecuted and dispossessed of its property (Aryanized). These measures led many Jews to flee, mostly to neighboring Czechoslovakia.
In November 1942, the RSHA initiated transports of the remaining Jews in the Sudetenland region. Gestapo headquarters in Reichenberg (Liberec), headed by Rudolf Schröder, oversaw the deportations.
In December of 1943, a memo signed by Heinrich Müller (Head of the Gestapo) was sent to all local Security Police offices. It stated that it was now possible to deport Jewish spouses of mixed marriages that were terminated by divorce or death to Theresienstadt.
The third transport left Opava (Troppau) to the Theresiestadt Ghetto on 10. January , 1944. It consisted of 13 Jews. Very little is known about this transport. It is assumed that the deportees were either driven by bus or by truck. In the Theresienstadt Ghetto listings the transport was recorded as XX/3 where the Roman numeral XX refers to the area of Opava.