Following the Munich Conference and the annexation of the Sudetenland to the Reich in October 1938, Nazi anti-Jewish laws were implemented throughout the region. The Jewish population was persecuted and dispossessed of its property (Aryanized). These measures led many Jews to flee, mostly to neighboring Czechoslovakia.
In November 1942, the RSHA initiated transports of the remaining Jews in the Sudetenland region. Gestapo headquarters in Liberec (Reichenberg), headed by Rudolf Schröder, oversaw the deportations.
In November 1942, the RSHA initiated transports of the remaining Jews in the Sudetenland region. Gestapo headquarters in Liberec (Reichenberg), headed by Rudolf Schröder, oversaw the deportations in cooperation with the Gestapo Troppau (Opava).
In December of 1943, a memo signed by Heinrich Müller (Head of the Gestapo) was sent to all local Security Police offices. It stated that it was now possible to deport Jewish spouses of mixed marriages that were terminated by divorce or death to Theresienstadt.
The transport left Opava (Troppau) to the Theresienstadt Ghetto on April 14,1944. It consisted of 1 Jew. Very little is known about this transport. Prior to the deportation, the deportee was searched and all valuable items were confiscated. It is assumed that the deportee was driven by bus or truck. In the Theresienstadt Ghetto listings the transport was recorded as XXI/3 EZ, where the Roman numeral XXI refers to the area of Opava. This transport was listed as Ez, which were the German initials for special transport of individuals (Einzelreisende Sondertransport).