Nazi Germany’s state worsened by Allied forces landing at Normandy on June 6, 1944, and the destruction of Army Group Center by the Red Army over the course of the summer. However, Nazi authorities persisted in their efforts to deport the remaining Jews from German cities.
Transport No. 47g left Vienna’s Nordbahnhof on June 27, 1944 and arrived in Auschwitz-Birkenau on June 28. It consisted of 19 Jews; the average age of the deportees was 39, one of them was over 61. This was the seventh transport sent from Vienna to the East between 1943 and 1944.
Historian Danuta Czech notes in the Auschwitz Chronicle the arrival of a RSHA transport from Vienna on June 28, 1944. Following the train’s arrival, the SS men carried out a selection. 8 women were transferred to the prisoners’ camp, where they were given the Nos. A7262-7269. The remaining deportees were immediately murdered in the gas chambers.