Nazi Germany’s state worsened by Allied forces landing at Normandy on June 6, 1944, and the destruction of Army Group Center by the Red Army over the course of the summer. However, Nazi authorities persisted in their efforts to deport the remaining Jews from German cities.
The transport left Vienna’s Nordbahnhof (Northern Railway Station) on June 28, 1944, and arrived in Auschwitz-Birkenau on June 29. It consisted of 38 Jews. This transport was carried out one day after train No. 47g left Vienna for Auschwitz. It seems the transport had been divided into two separate groups.
Historian Danuta Czech notes in the Auschwitz Chronicle the arrival of an RSHA transport from Vienna, on June 29. Following a selection process carried out by the SS men, six men were sent to the camp and given the Nos. A-15223 to A-15228. The remaining 32 deportees were immediately murdered in the gas chambers.