From January 1943 onwards, Auschwitz- Birkenau and Theresienstadt were the main destination of transports from the German Reich. The Gestapo increased its efforts to seize and deport Jews remaining in Germany.
On May 21, 1943, Rolf Günther, Adolf Eichmann’s deputy in Department IVB4, informed all local police headquarters that Heinrich Himmler had ordered the completion of the evacuation of all Jews from the Greater Reich and the Protectorate to the East (Auschwitz-Birkenau) and Theresienstadt, by June 30, 1943. The new regulations permitted the deportation of ill and handicapped Jews, as well Jews who were still employed by the war industry, and employees of the Reichsvereinigung der Juden (Reich's Association of the Jews in Germany), and its representatives in various communities. Jews married to non-Jews were exempt from deportation.
The transport left Kremsmünster on December 14, 1943, and arrived in Theresienstadt on December 15. It consisted of only one Jew.
The exact route of the transport remains unknown. Relying on other cases of small transports that left Vienna he might have been put on regular passenger train, which left daily at 6 PM from Vienna’s Nordbahnhof (Northern Railway Station) via Breclav (Lundenburg), to Brno (Brünn). In Brno, the deportees were usually transferred to a train run by the "Protektoratsbahnen" (the company that operated trains in the so called "Protektorat") destined for Prague (Praha). From there, the journey continued to Theresienstadt.
On its arrival in Theresienstadt, the transport was registered in the ghetto records as IV/14o Ez. The Roman number IV represented Vienna as city of origin.