Despite the German withdrawal on the Eastern front and the heavy aerial bombardment of German cities, the deportation of Jews from German cities did not stop. On December 18, 1943, a circular signed by Gestapo chief Heinrich Müller was sent out to all Sipo (Security Police) local headquarters. It permitted the deportation of Jews, whose marriage to non-Jews had terminated due to divorce or death of the non-Jewish spouse.
The transport left Graz on January 10, 1944, and arrived in Theresienstadt on January 11. It consisted of six Jews. According to the existing records from the Theresienstadt ghetto, the transport arrived from Vienna, though it is possible that the deportees were driven directly from Graz to Theresienstadt.
Small transports consisting of a few individuals were usually sent on a regular passenger train, which left daily at 6 PM from Nordbahnhof (Northern Railway Station) in Vienna and travelled via Breclav (Lundenburg) to Brno (Brünn). In Brno, the deportees were usually transferred to a train run by the "Protektoratsbahnen" (the company that operated trains in the so called "Protektorat") destined for Prague (Praha). From there, the journey continued to Theresienstadt.
Upon arrival, the transport was listed in the ghetto records as IV/14p. The Roman numeral IV represented Vienna as city of origin.