Despite the German withdrawal on the Eastern front and the heavy aerial bombardment of German cities, the deportation of Jews from German cities did not stop. On December 18, 1943, a circular signed by Gestapo chief Heinrich Müller was sent out to all Sipo (Security Police) local headquarters. It permitted the deportation of Jews, whose marriage to non-Jews had terminated due to divorce or death of the non-Jewish spouse.
The transport left Graz on May 18, 1944, and arrived in Theresienstadt on May 19. It consisted of four Jews.
Apparently they were first driven to Vienna’s Nordbahnhof (Northern Railway Station) where they were put on passenger train No. 723 that left daily at 6 PM from Vienna (Wien) and travelled via Breclav (Lundenburg) to Brno (Brünn). In Brno, they were transferred to a train of the "Protektoratsbahnen" (the company that operated trains in the so called "Protektorat") destined for Prague (Praha). From there, the journey continued to Theresienstadt.
Upon its arrival, the transport was noted in the ghetto records as IV/15b Ez, the Roman numeral IV represented Vienna as city of origin.