Despite the German withdrawal on the Eastern front and the heavy aerial bombardment of German cities, the deportation of Jews from German cities did not stop. On December 18, 1943, a circular signed by Gestapo chief Heinrich Müller was sent out to all Sipo (Security Police) local headquarters. It permitted the deportation of Jews, whose marriage to non-Jews had terminated due to divorce or death of the non-Jewish spouse.
The transport left Traunkirchen on June 2, 1944, and arrived in Theresienstadt on June 3. The transport consisted of only one person.
Apparently, the deportee was driven to Vienna (Wien), where he was put on passenger train No. 723 that left daily at 6 PM from Nordbahnhof (Northern Railway Station) and travelled via Breclav (Lundenburg), to Brno (Brünn). In Brno, he was transferred to a train of the "Protektoratsbahnen" (the company that operated trains in the so called "Protektorat") destined for Prague (Praha). From there, the journey continued to Theresienstadt.
On its arrival, this transport was listed in the ghetto records as IV/15b Ez. The Roman numeral IV represented Vienna as city of origin.