Nazi Germany’s state worsened by Allied forces landing at Normandy on June 6, 1944, and the destruction of Army Group Center by the Red Army over the course of the summer. However, Nazi authorities persisted in their efforts to deport the remaining Jews from German cities.
This transport left Linz on June 21, 1944, and arrived in Theresienstadt on June 22. It consisted of four Jews.
They were either driven directly from Linz to Theresienstadt or sent first to Vienna’s Nordbahnhof (Northern Railway Station), where they were put on a regular passenger train that left daily at 6 PM and travelled via Breclav (Lundenburg) to Brno (Brünn). In Brno, they were transferred to a train of the "Protektoratsbahnen" (the company that operated trains in the so called "Protektorat") destined for Prague (Praha). From there, the journey continued to Theresienstadt.
Upon its arrival, the transport was listed in the ghetto records as transport IV/15b Ez. The Roman numeral IV represented Vienna as city of origin.