Nazi Germany’s state worsened by Allied forces landing at Normandy on June 6, 1944, and the destruction of Army Group Center by the Red Army over the course of the summer. However, Nazi authorities persisted in their efforts to deport the remaining Jews from German cities.
The transport left Graz on July 9, 1944, and arrived in Theresienstadt on July 10. It consisted of five Jews. Apparently they were driven from Graz to Vienna, where they were put on passenger train No. 723, which travelled daily at 6 PM from Nordbahnhof (Northern Railway Station) via Breclav (Lundenburg) to Brno (Brünn). In Brno, the deportees were transferred to a train run by the "Protektoratsbahnen" (the company that operated trains in the so called "Protektorat") destined for Prague (Praha). From prague, the journey continued to Theresienstadt.
On its arrival, the transport was listed in the ghetto records as IV/15c Ez. The Roman numeral IV represented Vienna as city of origin.