Nazi Germany’s state worsened by Allied forces landing at Normandy on June 6, 1944, and the destruction of Army Group Center by the Red Army over the course of the summer. However, Nazi authorities persisted in their efforts to deport the remaining Jews from German cities.
The transport left Linz on July 23, 1944, and arrived in Theresienstadt on July 24. It consisted of one Jew. Apparently he was driven to Vienna, where he was put on a regular passenger train that left daily at 6 PM from the Nordbahnhof (Northern Railway Station) and travelled via Breclav (Lundenburg) to Brno (Brünn). In Brno, he was transferred to a train run by the "Protektoratsbahnen" (the company that operated trains in the so called "Protektorat") destined for Prague (Praha). From there, the journey continued to Theresienstadt.
Upon arrival, the transport was registered in the Ghetto records under IV/15c Ez. The Roman numeral IV represented Vienna as city of origin.