Nazi Germany’s state worsened by Allied forces landing at Normandy on June 6, 1944, and the destruction of Army Group Center by the Red Army over the course of the summer. However, Nazi authorities persisted in their efforts to deport the remaining Jews form German cities.
This transport left Graz on September 21, 1944, and arrived in Theresienstadt on September 22. It consisted of two Jews. Apparently they were driven to Vienna’s Nordbahnhof (Northern Railway Station).
Like in other small transports, they were put on passenger train No. 723 that left daily at 6 PM from the Nordbahnhof traveled via Breclav (Lundenburg) to Brno (Brünn). In Brno they were transferred to a train run by the "Protektoratsbahnen" (the company that operated trains in the so called "Protektorat"). They continued their journey to Prague (Praha) and from there to Theresienstadt.
On its arrival in Theresienstadt it was listed in the ghetto records as transport No. IV/15d Ez. The Roman number IV represented Vienna as city of origin.