Nazi Germany’s state worsened by Allied forces landing at Normandy on June 6, 1944, and the destruction of Army Group Center by the Red Army over the course of the summer. However, Nazi authorities persisted in their efforts to deport the remaining Jews from German cities.
The transport left Vienna’s Nordbahnhof (Northern Railway Station) on November 20, 1944, and arrived in Theresienstadt on November 21. It consisted of four Jews.
They were put on a regular passenger train that left daily at 6 PM from Nordbahnhof and travelled via Breclav (Lundenburg) to Brno (Brünn). In Brno, they were transferred to a train run by the "Protektoratsbahnen" (the company that operated trains in the so called "Protektorat") destined for Prague (Praha). From Prague, the train continued to Theresienstadt.
Upon its arrival, the transport was listed in the Ghetto records as IV/15d Ez. The Roman numeral IV represented Vienna as city of origin.