Nazi Germany’s state worsened by Allied forces landing at Normandy on June 6, 1944, and the destruction of Army Group Center by the Red Army over the course of the summer. However, Nazi authorities persisted in their efforts to deport the remaining Jews from German cities.
This transport left Vienna’s Nordbahnhof (Northern Railway Station) on November 22, 1944, and arrived in Theresienstadt on November 23. It consisted of one person: the Jewish stage manager Hugo Hermann. Apparently he was put on a regular passenger train that travelled from Nordbahnhof via Breclav (Lundenburg) to Brno (Brünn). In Brno, Hermann was transferred to a train run by the "Protektoratsbahnen" (the company that operated trains in the so called "Protektorat") destined for Prague (Praha). From there, the journey continued to Theresienstadt.
On its arrival, this transport was listed in the ghetto records as IV/15d Ez. The Roman numeral IV represented Vienna as city of origin.